Double Good Popcorn is proud to announce its partnership with Diversity Peer Educator candidate Dr. Deborah Hunter-Harvill for her re-election bid to the 2022 Detroit Public Schools Community District school board. As a company committed to diversity and inclusion, Double Good is excited to help support Dr. Hunter-Harvill's campaign and promote her platform of education equity for all students.
Who is Dr. Deborah Hunter-Harvill?
Dr. Deborah Hunter-Harvill has increased leadership credential, and is the Board of Education Liaison for Exceptional Student Education (Special Education). She works tirelessly to fulfill the needs of students, parents, and staff serving the population. Deborah is a well deserving candidate and we are grateful for her passion to continue fighting for our children’s education.
She is currently the Vice – President of the DPSCD Board and has served on several committees during her time. As a product of Detroit Public Schools, she understands first-hand the importance of every student having equal access to a quality education.
If elected, she plans on continuing to be a strong advocate for Special Education students as well as all students in the district. We need more educators like Dr. Hunter-Harvill who are dedicated to ensuring that every child has an opportunity to succeed.
Fundraiser Ends 10/10/22 @ 5:00 pm
Diversity Peer Educator Dr. Deborah Hunter-Harvill - DPSCD School Board
Please join us in supporting her re-election campaign by clicking the link above, to purchase popcorn.
The Double Good Popcorn Fundraiser ends Monday, October 10, 2022 @5:00pm. So please support now.
What Dr. Hunter-Harvill Plans to do if Re-Elected
- Advocate for Special Education financial aid resources and programs that provide students with services and supports necessary for success in academics, social/emotional well being, and postsecondary opportunities
- Increase transparency between the Board of Education, school campus offices, superintendent, executive leadership team, principals, teachers, parents/guardians, student leaders, and other key stakeholders
- Encourage personal enrichment programs for teacher/parent communication by providing forums where active participants can voice concerns or suggestions outside of mandated board meetings
- Encourage inclusive communities by conducting educational plights to continue to educate one another on each other's needs
- Collaborate with elected officials at the local, state, and federal levels to ensure cultural competency, so that our schools have the resources for an immersive process
- Support policies that air on the side of caution when it comes to safeguarding our students against COVID19
Why Diversity Matters in Education
Diversity should be celebrated in all forms, whether it is racial, ethnic, religious, gender, or economic diversity. A diverse population brings with it a wealth of perspectives and experiences that can enrich the lives of everyone involved. In order for our children to thrive in an increasingly globalized world, it is essential that they learn to value diversity from an early age.
Dr. Hunter-Harvill understands the importance of social justice, an inclusive community, diversity in education and is committed to promoting equity for all students regardless of sexual orientation, background or identity. She has worked tirelessly to provide resources and support for underrepresented groups within the DPSCD community. We believe that Dr. Hunter-Harvill is the best candidate to continue this important work on the school board, and we encourage you to vote for her in the upcoming election.
How You Can Support Now
Join DOUBLE GOOD in supporting Dr. Deborah Hunter Harvill for re-election! The fundraiser ends October 10, 2022. Please just click the button above, and purchase as much popcorn as possible! 50% of the profits raised will support her fundraising campaign for re-election. She is a proven leader who cares about ensuring that all students have access to a quality education regardless of their backgrounds or zip codes. We need more educators like her in positions of power so that we can continue fighting for educational equity in this country. Dr. Hunter Harvill has our vote!
Wrap Up - Your Vote Matters
Please join us in supporting an excellent leader and passionate advocate for Detroit students by casting your vote for Dr. Deborah Hunter-Harvill in the DPSCD Board of Education election!
Polling stations will be open from 7 a.m. – 8 p.m. on Tuesday, November 8th at your usual election day polling location.
Board of Education / Deborah Hunter-Harvill
Board Member Dr. Deborah Hunter-Harvill
Looking to Fundraise? Check out more about Double Good Fundraising.
Wealth and Travel Resources visit www.cccelevateu.com